GA

Monday 28 May 2012

Craft Fayres, Committees and the Dragon Boat Festival

Where I work, many people have hobbies and are very crafty! A long while back my very dear colleague Caroline suggested that some of us run a craft fayre at the Dragon Boat festival that was going to be run (and is every year) by the Portsmouth Rotarians. Well it seemed like too good an opportunity to miss, so a bunch of us set up a committee which we called the 'craft committee' and started meeting on random Sunday mornings to have a coffee and come up with ideas etc. This was the first time I had ever been involed with a 'committee' and it was nowhere near as dreadful as I expected, in fact it was quite fun.
Slowly it all came together, and the weekend, although not exactly a Summer's weekend, fuelled some funds to go towards the charities.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Great picture of the boats - and of the crafters, of course! It was fun spending time with you and the rest of the committee. Shame the Coffee Doc didn't make it on the sunday, though!

Unknown said...

I have since shaken my fists at him a few times going past in the car!! It was so nice to catch up with you again you lovely lady!