GA

Friday 6 January 2012

Google Analytics and Real Time

I just wanted to pop in and comment about the new style google analytics.
If you haven't really looked at it too much do go and have a play around. I steered clear for a few weeks, being the kind of person who likes things the way they are and know.
Eventually I ventured into the new area and oh my gosh... yet another thing to be addicted to ;-)

The thing is there is now a Real time option.
The other day I watched as someone entered my Etsy shop, I watched while they looked around, I could see which pages they looked at and could see how long they stayed. I could also see where they came from! and then 'ding' as their payment came over via email!

I've just nabbed this screen shot to show you what I mean:

If you are interested (and you have GA), then go to the new version, look at the orange tab along the top and go to 'home'.
When you are home in the left hand column click on 'overview', then wait! You may like me for a while keep seeing yourself pop into your shop, but that has stopped now. Click the tabs below overview to see where they come from and what the content is. It's fascinating. I watched someone coming from a very strange place three days in a row, was getting a bit spooked by it and then bing their order came in, they had obviously just been trying to decide whether to go for it or not.
I'm not the brightest button in the box on analytics but if I can help I will, just ask.

No comments: