GA

Thursday 9 February 2012

QR Code


Ok, so this is my QR code!! If you don't know, it's a bar code effectively, a bar code that takes you to a web link. You scan it with an app on your phone and once it has focussed and processed - it will click and then give you the url and take you to the page. So if you scan this funny image above with your phone, (if you have the app) you will be taken to my website! Cool eh! Obviously not an awful lot of use for websites, as if you are on the web you'd really just type the url in, however in magazines, business cards, on invoices etc etc it seems like a really great idea.
If you want the app just go to your app market and look for bar code scanner - they are usually free.
I tried using one on my phone early last year and gave up, it just didn't seem to work, but things move fast, and now these are appearing all over the place.
Thought you might find this interesting, I just quite like the design.

No comments: