GA

Monday 1 March 2010

Art - Alan Daysh - Isle of Wight Landscapes

Alan Daysh
The first artist I have to showcase here is of course the lovely Alan. His thing is distance and trying to capture distance with light in his paintings. He uses oils and paints mostly on the Isle of Wight.



I'm fascinated by the Island landscape and I paint it constantly. I love the light of the changing skies, and the soft lines of the hills against the horizon. The painter Giorgio Morandi spent all of his time painting groups of bottles and glasses looking for the simple truth, and I suppose that's what I'm trying to do with the landscape here. To keep exploring a single subject looking for something timeless."


See more of his work and read more about him at: http://www.dayshlandscapes.com/artist.htm
At the moment he is painting ready for the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition.

No comments: